Welcome to IsVipi OSSN Community!

Author Topic: User Profile Photo  (Read 90 times)

JackPerth

User Profile Photo
« on: January 05, 2019, 04:11:19 AM »
Hi,

I'm trying out IsVipi and it looks great so far.

I have one little problem I can't get around:

The maximum file size of of profile photos is restricted to 1M and even though my PHP Info reports a maxfilesize of 48M I assume this restriction is set by IsVipi and I haven't found a way to change that.

The other issue I have is that in the Admin the Settings Page reports that a new version is available, I downloaded from your site, reinstalled onto a fresh system, but still states that a new version is available.

Your assistance or if you could just point me in the right direction, would be appreciated.

Cheers
Jack

Offline Jones

• Founder & Project Manager
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Swift Intellect Group
Re: User Profile Photo
« Reply #1 on: January 05, 2019, 11:36:50 AM »
Hello JackPerth,

You are right, the file size is set by IsVipi. You can change this by opening isv_inc/isv_classes/global/member_cls.php and on line 93 find

Code: [Select]
$this->size = '1000000';
and change "1000000" to your desired file size. Remember "1000000" represents 1MB so 10MB would be something like "10000000". We will make this admin adjustable soon.

As for the new update notice, we are aware and have a fix for it. If you don't mind, please be patient until we upload a new update. With the new update system, you will update your site by a simple click of a button.

JackPerth

« Reply #2 on: January 05, 2019, 01:51:59 PM »
Many thanks 😊
Worked like a charm.

Great software and looking forward to your automated update.

Is there a way to set the minimum age for registration?

Perhaps, if I may suggest, these setup options ie. Miminum age, maximum file size for upload and perhaps also the capability of adding extra profile fields eg. Ethnic Background etc, could be editable from the admin panel. Also some form of spam control.

I realise your product is open source and as such limited. Perhaps a commercial version may be considered.

Agajjn, great software. Installation was very straight forward and the product worked without any fiddling, as I have found with other with other similar software which simply didn't work. I would be happy to make a donation towards future development.

Kind regards,
Jack 😊

Offline Jones

• Founder & Project Manager
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Swift Intellect Group
« Reply #3 on: January 05, 2019, 05:02:26 PM »
@JackPerth, great it worked as expected.

You can also set the minimum age required for registration. In order to do that, please locate isv_inc/isv_classes/forms/registration_cls.php and around line 70, find

Code: [Select]
$min_age = 12
and set your preferred minimum age. The default is 12 years old. Just change that to whatever age you want.

We will also try and make such settings admin adjustable as you have suggested.

As for open source vs commercial license, in future, we will have a commercial version of the software complete with premium features. This is a long way off though. We also spare just a few hours a week to work on this since we do not really make enough from this to be a sustainable source of income hence delays in updates once in a while.

Any kind of support, especially monetary, may excite us just enough to be a little more dedicated  ;)